AML Operations Analyst
Are you a leader and learner? Would you like to see the impact of your work? Do you see yourself in a collaborative, challenging and result-oriented environment? Are you a peoples person? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an AML Operations Analyst who will provide a range of AML analytical and/or operations process support within a defined functional area or to a business unit, in adhering to AML/BSA, Sanctions and ABAC requirements. In this role, you will carefully assist in implementing AML Operations initiatives to help manage regulatory risk.
- Support the business internally as a specialist of a given area in AML/ATF, Sanctions/ABAC matters Conduct sound investigations end-to-end and provide AML/ATF and Sanctions/ABAC
support as well as recommendations on ANL/BSA Sanctions and ABAC investigations
- Support and understand risk identification, risk analysis and risk mitigation according to the regulatory requirements and industry / business gold standard methodologies
- Serve as a subject matter process expert; focus of work ranges from weekly to monthly or longer Partner as required with cross-functional teams across the client and/or external contacts
- Require an understanding of a range of product and services, processes, procedures, systems and concepts
- Raise issues to appropriate level for clarify or interpretation; may lead problem resolution
- Prioritize and manage own workload in alignment with service and productivity requirements
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends and evolving regulatory requirements; assess potential impacts
- Protect the interests of the organization; identify and manage risks, call out non-standard, high- risk transactions/activities as necessary
- Follow applicable internal and external audit and regulatory requirements and may actively participate in Audit Review process, providing recommendations and guidance
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment Act as a brand ambassador for your business area/function and the client, both internally and externally
- Identify money altering or laundering. Write up 3-4 pages, reaching out to customer and drafting correspondence. Higher level risk role, everything they deal with have high risk of money laundering.
Desired Skill Set:
- 2+ years of AML experience
- Fundamental knowledge of AML operations, standards, procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently but also work as part of a team
- Skill in using computer applications including MS Office
- Ability to analyze, research, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Self-drive and highly motivated
- Experience in high quality business writing
Nice To Have:
- Experience in banking or international banking
- Professional education or certifications
- Previous experience with Regulatory Reporting
- Knowledge of FINTRAC and AML investigations
- Undergraduate degree
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.