Application Architect – COTS
Are you collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking? Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a forward-thinking, creative individual who willingly takes ownership of complex and challenging initiatives? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for an Application Architect – COTS who will be responsible for providing architecture and technology leadership to project delivery teams as they develop end to end client solutions, including Mobile apps and integrations to services and API's supporting the ever-evolving company platform. The candidate will have key involvement in building initiatives and in providing expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business. The ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, and analytical skills.
- Lead design and development of an architecture for the mobile ecosystems, shared frameworks, and applications.
- Ensure adherence to enterprise and segment architecture strategy, roadmap, and principles.
- Govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles, and standards.
- Oversee and define development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives, identify necessary system modifications.
- Participate in and own the creation of key architecture artifacts such as Blueprints, Assessment of Options, and Functional/Non-Functional Requirements.
- Participate in third-party/vendor product assessments and integrations.
- Provide recommendations on value-added architectural improvements/enhancements.
- Provide insight and recommendations to develop and implement system architecture with business units and technology departments while creating awareness of TCO.
- Influence product direction and integrate technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment.
- Participate as a top expert and consultant on the most high-risk and complex projects.
- Impart subject matter expertise to influence vendors on product design, develop and contribute to third-party contract negotiations where applicable.
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business units so IT strategy application aligns with architecture framework.
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design, and operational processes to help review ongoing activity against technology architecture and development standards.
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements, and solutions.
- Conduct pre-and post-implementation reviews.
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings with senior management, team, other technical areas, and business units.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering.
- 3 years of experience working with RESTful and Micro Services architecture and design.
- 5 years of experience designing and developing software solutions for Mobile Platforms.
- 10 years of experience designing and developing large-scale software systems, including roles as a solutions architect.
- Experience working with software and code design skills, as well as current software engineering best practices.
- Experience working with Enterprise Architecture discipline, Integration Architecture, and COTS/Vendor-based Applications.
Nice to Have:
- Azure certification.
- Experience working with MS Azure.
- Experience working with Cloud-based native architecture or containerized solutions.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.