Application Packaging Engineer
Are you collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking? Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a forward-thinking, creative individual who willingly takes ownership of complex and challenging initiatives? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an Application Packaging Engineer who will be responsible for application packaging and integration ensuring applications are packaged and delivered according to documented user requirements, industry, the bank and TBE best practices. This candidate must collaborate and interact internally and externally with colleagues, customers, and vendors to ensure that the packaging and deployment of software applications are effective, functional, and reliable.
- Leverage the existing tools, processes and best practices associated with application packaging such that documented user requirements are satisfied while adhering to the client’s technical standards
- Work collaboratively with the Desktop Engineering team to ensure effective application packaging parameters are documented and delivered according to business & security requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Desktop Engineering team, subject matter experts and end users to ensure thorough testing is completed prior to production delivery
- Test and verify security controls in fixes, and new or upgraded products. Appropriate security stance must be maintained within all packages
- Work collaboratively with the Release Management team to assist in application rationalization practices, particularly when receiving net new software requests
- Build strong working relationships internally and with LOBs, and the Engineering and Release Management teams in an effort to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain open communications with the Engineering and QA teams to ensure appropriate technical configurations are completed relative to user requirements and that all applicable standards are met
- This role is accountable for advising management on the appropriate technology solution to meet the needs of the clients.
- This role participates in meetings with the Engineering team, the Release Management team, project teams, subject matter experts and the users to discuss and resolve technical issues as they arise to ensure we are delivering the best possible solution.
Desired Skill Set:
- 3+ years of technical experience in a packaging role
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with AdminStudio and InstallShield
- Experience creating and manipulating MSIs
- Experience creating and manipulating MSTs
- Experience working with Merge Modules
- Experience creating and manipulating Custom Actions
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Windows XP and Windows 7
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory and Group Policies Objects
- Solid scripting skills
- Possesses a university degree or college diploma in Computer Science
- Working knowledge of .NET, SQL, DB2 and Mainframe
- Knowledge of Trade Finance LOB
Nice to have:
- Excellent communication
- Independent worker
- Organizational skills
- Application packaging and integration for installation on managed workstations utilizing standardized tools and procedures
- Possesses good communication, facilitation and people skills
- Possesses good problem and change management skills
- Is an innovative thinker with the ability to analyze end-user requirements as well as being able to interpret those requirements such that work effort costs can be estimated
- Demonstrates good business acumen
- Exhibits good relationship management skills
- Requires excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be adaptable
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.