Application Security Specialist – Pen Testing/Red Team
Are you a highly motivated and talented Security Specialist looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our leading financial clients, this is an exciting opportunity for anApplication Security Specialist – Pen Testing/Red Team who will be the technical lead for a small, but growing, team of Cyber Security professionals working with automated and manual TTP’s, various penetration testing tools. The successful candidate will ensure the success of cloud assessments from beginning to end. This includes responsibility for meeting with systems owners, scoping assessments, development and delivery of assessment reports, briefing system owners and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will lead the security assessments of GOV-Cloud systems (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure and O365, among others), assess the risks inherent in cloud implementation, and how that impacts the traditional “on-premises” existing architecture.
- Be a self-starter with, keen analytical skills, curiosity, agility, and adaptability
- The ability to work quickly, willingness to work on ad hoc assignments, strong written and verbal communication skills, and recognizing the importance of being a team player
- Provides direct supervisory guidance to senior and mid-level team members
- Oversees and approves technical requirements of systems supporting Red Cell Cloud operations
- Ensures cloud team members are qualified and capable of supporting the Red Cell mission
- Manage cloud assessment operations and administrative tasks
- Assess and enhance current processes for the testing of cloud implementations and vulnerability assessments of those implementations.
- Recommend mitigation and remediation strategies based upon the class and category of vulnerability
- Develop all processes, policies and operational procedures
- Briefs executive summary and findings to stakeholders to include Sr. Leadership
- Researches and maintains proficiency in offensive tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network and cloud vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption
- Provide support to incident response teams through capability enhancement and reporting
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior, mid, and senior staff members by creating and teaching the latest techniques in ethical hacking and vulnerability analysis
- 8 years of experience with Software development
- 5 years of experience with Windows and Linux
- 3 years of experience with Python/PowerShell scripting
- 3 years of experience with SQL
- 5 years of experience with application security
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Cloud – Azure
- Experience with Risk management
- Former banking experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.