Application Support Analyst- Azure
Are you a highly motivated and talented Application Support Analyst looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment? Do you carry a notable communication skill? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an Application Support Analyst- Azure who will be responsible for performing controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners. This candidate must follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity guidelines. The successful candidate must comply with both disaster and business recovery plans and help define, review and test these plans.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, and operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established, while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, and reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, and perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, and keep accurate documentation.
- Design, review, and integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Gain understanding of technical aspects of project and break-fix development related to the application, advise developers and solution designers.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions and re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environmental performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans (and help define, review and test these plans).
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, and customer experience and reduce costs.
Desired skill set:
- 3 years of solid experience in providing Technical application support
- 3 years of experience with Middleware technologies
- 3 years of experience with Windows and UNIX OS
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or relevant field
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of MS Azure
- Experience with ServiceNow
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.