Application Support Specialist – (Java/ Capital Markets)
If you have a deep passion for user-centered design, technology, and innovation. You envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in your design. We have an exciting opportunity for you.
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Application Support Specialist – (Java/ Capital Markets) who will be responsible for the continuous development of applications and databases for ongoing business needs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a collaborative work environment that supports one another while gaining exposure to a large banking environment.
- Involve in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time
- Troubleshoot code to identify failure causes or performance bottlenecks
- Perform unit testing, and assist in integration and user acceptance testing
- Assist business analysts during the creation of specifications
- Develop and maintain production processes
- Supporting and enhancing web applications
Desired Skill Set:
- 5+ years experience in programming with Java (1 year with Java 8)
- 5+ years experience in supporting web applications, specifically Java web services, and RESTful services
- 5+ years experience in supporting Relational Databases including SQL, PL/SQL, and Sybase
- 5+ years experience in scripting with Unix/ Shell OR Python languages
- Strong communication skills to be able to clearly communicate to business users regularly
Nice to Have:
- Previous Capital Markets experience is a plus, specifically in derivative products
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.