Application Support Specialist/Middleware
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an Application Support Specialist/Middleware who will assist in providing technical expertise to resolve application and infrastructure technology issues on medium to highly complex projects in compliance with communicated service standards, policies, and procedures.
- Troubleshoots complex issues for all levels, evaluating service requests for adherence to service standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies to determine potential impact and taking appropriate action.
- Analyze and resolve production application problems to identify root causes and define actions to eliminate recurrence
- Coordinates and executes project plans using control procedures to implement application and maintenance updates.
- Monitors and analyzes supported services and deployment methodologies to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Devises new methods and procedures using strong analytic and inductive thinking.
Desired skill set:
- 5+ years of experience of relevant experience with Application Support
- Strong knowledge and experience in UNIX and Windows OS
- Strong expertise in Middleware technology including WebLogic, MQ, UNIX, iPlanet and Tomcat
- Strong knowledge and experience with DevOps Methodology and Tools
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in a large enterprise or Financial Institution
- Experience with JBoss, Autosys, and Feedhub
- Excellent experience in Programming using Shell scripting, Perl, Java, .NET, AWK, Python
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.