Assistant Marketing Manager
Do you have the ability to translate business objectives into actionable marketing strategies and campaigns? Can you work as key marketing consultant to the business on all aspects of marketing from targeted to digital marketing?
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for an Assistant Marketing Manager who will be part of a Marketing team who delivers end to end marketing strategies from creation to execution to performance tracking. The team is responsible for partnering with business units/channels and Marketing experts across the organization to create and execute world class marketing strategies, plans and campaigns that drive shareholder value and increase customer loyalty. The ideal candidate will provide strategic thought leadership, have experience at delivering and executing integrated campaigns (mass tactics), and with targeted, owned, and digital marketing.
- Understands market and growth drivers, creates a vision of market, channel, and segment potential, develops value propositions and proof points that further competitive advantage, and translates business strategies into marketing plans.
- Consumer Insights and Trends; Leverage market research, interpret consumer information and trends for your business and apply to marketing plans including creative and media briefs.
- Influencing and relationship management: Influence and have an impact on marketing strategies that span across programs to meet business goals. Build and manage strong relationships with Agencies, Business Units, Marketing Partners, Legal and Compliance, and other internal departments to deliver effective marketing programs.
- Deliver and Monitor Results: Ensure stated objectives are delivered on plan (monitor/ early indicators) and where required, take corrective actions to achieve targets. Analyze past results and make recommendations to maximize ROI. Evaluate effectiveness of in market activity – PIR (including recommendations). Telling the Story – able to effectively communicate the results and sell the value of marketing. Provide marketing recommendations across programs/LOBs.
- Builds Innovative Solutions: Actively contributes to driving the spirit innovation among the team.
- Budget and Project Management: Leverages the best practices of OMLC (stage gate process) to manage projects in the most effective way (on time, on target, on budget) from initiation to completion. Able to navigate through roadblocks by engaging key stakeholders/sponsors.
- Leads multi-functional teams through the project. Track and manage budget against plan, meeting all financial reporting requirements.
- Analysis and Problem Solving: Focuses and defines the problem to solve, engages resources across functional boundaries to gather data and insight, draws insight from data, making correlations and connections to deliver meaning from disparate sources of data. Leverages data combined with judgment and intuition to make recommendations and drive action.
- Leverage data to tell our story and make recommendations that are simple and concise.
- Build and Protect the Brand; Ensure integrated marketing campaigns are designed for a positive customer experience and support the brand. Understand end to end customer journeys and support the business to deliver the brand through customer experience.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications, designations, or equivalent required
- Over 5 years of relevant experience developing and executing targeted marketing (email, direct mail) and integrated campaigns with both mass and digital tactics
- Knowledge of marketing principles, strategy and creative brief development
- Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
- Ability to manage large budgets and work within the constraints of that budget
- Ability to contribute to strategic direction and provide advice to leadership
- Ability to lead, plan, implement and evaluate program/project activities to ensure completion of initiatives
- Ability to contribute to making an impact, influencing and achieving results with effective negotiation, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently Inclusiveness
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.