AWS ETL Developer
Integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork, do you hold them all? Do you have ideas and ideals? Are you a great advisor and a coordinator? Are you a versatile self-starter who can adapt quickly to new environments? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for an AWS ETL Developer who will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the AWS cloud environment and the SQL server configurations within it. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication, interpersonal, time-management, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. The candidate must have a sense of ownership and pride in their performance.
- Develop and implement best practices for AWS applications.
- Create ETL jobs to ingest and move data within the AWS environment using Glue
- Automation scripting within the environment using either Glue or CloudWatch
- Manage SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
Desired Skill Set:
- SQL Server Developer requirements and qualifications
- Experience working with AWS Cloud Experience.
- 2 years of experience working with Cloud Services such as EMR, Lamba, and Glue.
- 3 years of experience working with Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- 3 years of experience working with backups, restores and recovery models.
- 3 years of experience working with Windows servers, including Active Directory.
- 3 years of experience working with High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server.
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server Developer or similar role, working with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerShell, C# and .NET.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.