Big Data ETL Developer – JAVA/Scala
Are you passionate about applying data science to solve real-world business problems and operationalize AI? We have an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Big Data ETL Developer – JAVA/Scala who will join the team in the delivery and development of this project and eventually contribute to future enhancement, support, and maintenance post-delivery. The successful candidate will work closely with business units to review business requirements and feasibility from the technical perspective and to finalize requirements. The individual will work with Big Data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Casandra).
- Work with other team members to cooperatively design, develop and deploy quality solutions in order to satisfy project objectives and client requirements
- Comply with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Develop and maintain database scripts. Writes, tests, and debug code
- Develop applications using Scala, Java, Spring Boot, Rest API, SQL, Big Data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Casandra)
- Perform code review written by junior/intermediate developers on the team
- Perform unit testing
- Take part in the construction of the requirements, design, testing, and deployment documents
- Ensure consistency in coding standards
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of a contract term
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot
- Experience with Rest API
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Big Data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Casandra)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Capital Markets or Financial institution
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.