Bilingual Database Administrator
Are you a leader and learner? Would you like to see the impact of your work? Do you see yourself in a collaborative, challenging and result-oriented environment? Are you a peoples person?
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Database Administrator who will be responsible for providing technological solutions to operations, development and architecture for our client. This person will participate in projects aimed at developing systems and applications and optimizing operational environments, both in the Cloud, in virtual or physical environments. The successful candidae will configure, design, rise, spread and make available Unix infrastructure (databases and application) (estimated physical resources required, manages access rights to systems and executes and proposes improvements.
- Provides Operations maintenance (ex. execute patches, execute and follow up technical tickets (SN- Service Now))
- Set up, execute and document operational processes to ensure operation: maintenance plan, performance monitoring of Unix servers, disaster recovery plan (DRP)
- Monitors system lifecycle, ensuring that specifications and features support business objectives and architecture decisions, taking charge as needed, required adjustments
- Effectively applies and implements design patterns, norms and standards of infrastructure components, in relation to directives and the catalog of engineering products
- May be required to develop scripts using the appropriate tools, to address shortcomings and to simplify and improve environments, applications & systems
- Works effectively as a team, supporting other team members and solving critical issues and must be able to manage stress during urgent and unforeseen interventions.
- Prioritizes and independently manages his own workload to deliver quality results and meet deadlines
- Actively participate in creating a positive working environment, which promotes service to our business client, quality, innovation and team spirit and ensures timely communication of issues and remarkable points
- 5 years of experience with Solaris Systems 10 and 11 (LDOM & ZONE)
- 3 years of experience with Data replication
- 3 years of experience with ZFS
- 3 years of solid understanding and knowldge of scripting with Unix, Shell and Perl
- Bilingual: Mandatory (Proficient in English / conversational French )
Nice to Have:
- Certificate in Solaris 11 System Administration, Redhat 7
- Knowledge of Oracle database physical servers
- Knowledge of OEM, Splunk, ITM, TSM, Ops center, Control-M, puppet
- Previous banking experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.