Business Analyst- AML
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Are you a motivated, flexible, creative team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Business Analyst- AML who will be responsible for planning, managing, leading and overseeing the end-to-end delivery of requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies. This candidate will provide leadership and work collaboratively with stakeholders including business, technology and finance partners to support project benefits and changes to business processes, policies and systems across single or multiple Lines of Business.
- Recognizing the importance of our customers – anticipating and meeting their evolving needs, as well as providing the kind of Legendary Customer Service that reflects client’s standards and Guiding Principles. Lead a diverse range of stakeholders
- Communicates effectively by adapting style and technique to a diverse audience Analyze impacts to customers, stakeholders, employees, process, technology solutions to achieve business results Understand and clarify work packages of each assigned initiative/project inclusive of constraints (time, cost, people resources) and maintain a customer-centric approach
- Provide recommendations and direction based on the end to end customer experience when making decisions
- Lead and own the project deliverables related to business requirements to meet the needs of the customer, employee, and business Assess and ensure that customer and employee experience / stakeholder impacts are appropriately managed
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the project sponsor, business project owner, project / program / portfolio manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes which impact requirements delivery against the overall project
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders and partners at all levels in the organization
- Identify and lead problem resolution to ensure customer needs are met
- Contribute to the application of change management best practices (e.g. stakeholder analysis, gap analysis, change planning, etc.)
- Collaborate with the project manager and business sponsor to identify and ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery of requirements
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems while assessing options and recommendations for prompt resolution
- Focused on executing better constantly reviewing our processes and finding ways to improve them; collaborating with internal and external business partners to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead requirements management on project(s) which are based on complexity, size and budget as defined by the project governance levels
- Provide leadership / guidance and support in defining the business need or problem statement based on strategic drivers and identifying potential solutions Identify scope changes and complete analysis to determine impact to project benefits and risks
- Facilitate and follow a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and manage business requirements with stakeholders by applying a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand requirements according to the requirements management discipline Identify, document and validate current state processes and work with the business and stakeholders to design the desired future state
- Establish and maintain full requirements traceability and work with the business to prioritize requirements and scope changes to ensure business needs are met
- Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of: system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
- Ensure project issues and concerns are addressed for clear articulation of business requirements (eg. Business Systems Analyst)
- Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate and effectively manage risks related to requirements.
- Align decisions to client’s risk appetite
- Develop mitigation plans or lead/contribute to the completion of necessary compliance/new process assessment templates
- Contribute to Quality Assurance activities by supporting the development of test scripts and testing of developed solutions, including communication of issues and resolution
- Adhere to Enterprise project governance controls to ensure projects meet all performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate disciplines
- Contribute to the development of the project plan and high-level work breakout session (WBS), identify and manage key risks and decisions
- Own and complete relevant work packages through collaboration with multiple stakeholders to prepare for operational readiness, managing deadlines and adjusting to changing work priorities
- Take ownership and communicate progress on work packages, including requirements management, in a concise and timely manner, escalating issues to project manager, partners and manager where appropriate Assess project change requests and their impacts on requirements, checking for alignment to project benefits at all phases
- Develop efficient and effective solutions through analytical problem solving
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in an agile project-based environment
- 5 years of experience in Project Business Analysis and Quality Assurance in Financial Industry with WaterFall and Agile methodology
- Experience in Requirements Gathering
- 5 years of solid experience in AML
- 5 years of experience in Relationship Management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage and influence stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PDLC
- Superior Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Visio.
- Knowledge of design techniques,tools,& principles involved in production of precision technical plan
- Proactive and highly motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field
Nice to have:
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- Previous experience working in Banking or Financial domain
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.