Business Analyst – Basel III/Capital Market
Can you cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners? Can you learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others? Do you have the capability to inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Business Analyst – Basel III/Capital Market who will be responsible for supporting the planning and management of the delivery of detailed system requirements, technical specifications, and testing plans to support the Basel III Post Crisis Reform regulatory change for the Canadian region with a focus on Credit Risk and Leverage. The candidate will provide technical expertise and work in close partnership with subject matter experts, technology partners, project teams, other lines of business, and stakeholders to analyze, test, document, communicate and manage detailed requirements/specifications. The candidate must demonstrate governance, control, and risk management behaviors in alignment with company policies and practices.
- Work with technology partners to research and analyze current state system data flow and ETL to define challenges, solutions, and recommendations.
- Define, document, and translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications; taking into account non-functional requirements.
- Create/assist test plans, cases, conditions, and expectations in partnership with subject matter experts and project teams.
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks, and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues.
- Participate in and review data requirements, technical specifications, and other design documents.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support.
- Respect existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technology architecture, escalating issues as needed.
Desired Skill Set:
- Degree in Finance or related field.
- 3 years of Business Analysis experience within Capital Markets.
- 3 years of experience working with Basel III.
- 3 years of experience working with ETL.
- 3 years of experience working with data flows.
- 3 years of experience creating Test Strategies, Documenting Test Plans and Executing Test Cases End-to-End.
- 3 years of Wholesale Financial experience.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.