Business Analyst – (System Migration/Loans)
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Business Analyst – (System Migration/Loans) who will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. The successful candidate will be a key driver in ensuring stakeholders communication with the IT team is streamlined.
The individual will be focused on a system migration project related to the trading of mainly loan and loan equivalent products, specifically as this migration relates to updated data mapping requirements needed in order to supply CTR’s consumers as per above.
- Collaborates with business partners, sometimes including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
- Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives
- Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
- Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identity who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- 5 to 7 years of business analysis experience, supporting medium to large-sized projects
- 4+ years of experience with Wholesale Banking/Finance industry – migration trade projects is a plus, particularly for loans and loan equivalents
- Excellent communication skills – successful candidate demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills – can communicate with varying stakeholders at multiple levels in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
- Project experience with capital markets data initiatives
- Basic SQL/ Unix skills
Nice to Have:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder
- MBA (or equivalent Master’s degree)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.