Business Systems Analyst – SAS/JCL
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for a Business Systems Analyst – SAS/ JCL who will be responsible for providing support and producing detailed system requirements and technical/functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks. The candidate will work in close partnership with business partners, technology teams, project teams, and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
- Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions options/recommendations working closely with key technology partners.
- Define, document, and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications and non-functional specifications.
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification, and mitigation measures recommendation.
- Communicate activity status and provide timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager.
- Participate in quality management reviews.
- Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions and assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration.
- Provide operational/process-related analysis and support to various extents.
- Ensure best practices related to the BSA discipline are adhered to and enforced within project processes and deliverables.
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards, and business technology architecture, escalating issues as required.
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in the company’s services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools, and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery.
- Continuously enhance knowledge of business domains and their products/services.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Perform BSA tasks effectively while assigned to a single project or multiple concurrent projects.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 3 years of experience working with JCL.
- 3 years of experience working with SAS.
- 3 years of experience working with Unix.
- 3 years of experience working with Mainframe.
- 3 years of experience working with IT business system analysis.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Cloud.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.