Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technologies? Do you want to work for one of the top Canadian financial institutions? Apply Now!
Working with one of our leading financial clients, this is an exciting opportunity for a C# Developer-API who will join a team working on financial/operational risk modelling projects. Prime responsibilities of the ideal candidate include creating and reviewing code based on provided design and requirement specifications. The role will work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities.
- Responsible for code development, review and support from inception through to deployment
- Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Contribute to documenting design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs
- May report directly to a project lead or manager
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments.
- Participate in the development of test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code)
- Provide technical support to the business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution
- 5+ years of Developer experience
- 2 years of experience with C#
- 2 years of experience with Java
- 2 years of experience with Python
- 2 years of experience with SQL
- Strong communications skills
- 2 years of experience with development, unit testing and debugging their code
Nice to Have:
- API development experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.