Cloud Architect (AWS)
Why Work for this Company?
- Moving to Cloud as an enterprise organization
- Respectful environment with hybrid working model
- Amazing leadership fostering technical growth
Why Work for this Team?
- THE team for Cloud Architecture in Cap Markets
- High visibility projects across multiple business teams
- Fast delivery journey meaning you see the results of your work
Working as part of the bank’s specialized Architecture team focusing on Capital Markets, these four roles are going to be key in the bank’s migration to Cloud technologies. As a Cloud Architect you will be responsible for understanding projects and being a part of the requirements gathering process and then focus on designing AWS Solutions to be implemented as part of on-going projects. Liaising with other Cloud teams, the goal of this architect is to leverage the bank’s overall investment in Amazon technologies within Capital Markets IT as well as identify new opportunities where Cloud can be leveraged. In some cases, there are existing on-prem systems that can be migrated, in other cases new digital integrations are being created to replace legacy systems and leadership teams are always open to hearing about new use cases to leverage Cloud. Overall, the successful candidates need to have well-rounded technical breadth able to connect infrastructure, applications, and data together while working within the overall bank ecosystem.
As this is a senior role, we are asking the successful candidate to commit to a hybrid role involving 1 -2 days per week on-site in our wonderful office near Union Station.
- 20% Gathering Requirements & understanding problem statements
- 40% Building out diagrams & solution design central to AWS
- 15% Connecting with other Cloud Engineering Teams
- 15% Engaging with SDLC Teams to educate on Cloud (and assist with best practices)
- 10% Innovation & Creating New Ideas!
- A minimum of 10 years of experience creating complex solutions at the enterprise level
- A combination of 8+years of experience with ‘hands-on programming’ using a variety of languages including current knowledge of API integration and knowledge of how to create connections to AWS
- Understanding of Dev-Ops, CI/CD pipelines & the benefits of serverless code
- 3+ Years of experience specifically looking at AWS solutions including completed designs which were successful through implementation is required.
- Desire to further technical career tracks (as opposed to management)
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, and specifically market & credit risk would be appreciated, but is not required.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.