If you are a self-confident, self-motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills and you enjoy a fast-paced team-driven environment, contact us today!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Compliance Analyst who will act as a subject matter expert and provide ongoing advice and support on regulatory compliance and conduct risk matters, including consumer protection (under the federal Bank Act or provincial consumer protection legislation), CDIC, Privacy (including PIPEDA and CASL), Conduct Risk, and OSFI Guidelines. The successful candidate will provide expertise which will be leveraged to execute the Compliance oversight program. The ideal candidate will also oversee the internal CBC program, which includes oversight and development of policies, job aids, training and strategic initiatives, and represent CBC on pan-Compliance initiatives.
- Regulatory Change Management: Provide input on proposed changes to regulatory requirements or guidelines and serve as subject matter expert as those changes are implemented across the client; Assess emerging regulatory or industry risks and recommend policy and/or action to the business;
- Maintain Inventory of Requirements: Maintain inventories of the regulatory requirements applicable to the business, assess the risks of each requirement, and work with business partners to map corresponding controls to mitigate those risks;
- Preventive Guidance: Review new products and processes; participate in business-initiated projects and provide advice on regulatory requirements; Provide guidance to the business in establishing day to day regulatory compliance controls; Support the implementation and sustainably of an effective first line oversight program within the business;
- Detective Activities: Detect and mitigate violations of regulatory or internal policy requirements; Independently monitor and assess effectiveness of business regulatory compliance controls; Support regulatory Compliance Department testing and monitoring programs;
- Issue Management: Provide guidance throughout the life cycle of an issue, from detection to resolution; Review business action plans for effectiveness and timely implementation; Report on existing and emerging regulatory compliance issues and risks to Compliance senior management, business senior management, and regulators as required;
- Regulatory Engagement: Assist with responding to regulatory examinations and investigations, completing required filings and reporting to regulators;
- Risk Assessment: Assess the overall state the business' Compliance with regulatory requirements, including the effectiveness of its own Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) program;
- Reporting: Report identified or emerging risks to senior management within Compliance, the business, applicable Boards, and regulators as required.
Desired Skill Set:
- 1-3 years of understanding regulatory requirements and apply that knowledge to business-specific scenarios
- 1-3 years of experience related to regulatory compliance, legal, or risk management
- Communication skills – Ability to liaise with a number of internal stakeholders, including executives, to prepare reports
- Strong critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills; time management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the Bank with superior organizational awareness
- Ability to provide thought leadership in supporting positive work environments
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Canadian Banking products, policies & processes
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.