Cyber Security – Control Specialist
Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Cyber Security – Control Specialist who will perform controls testing by carrying out walkthroughs to understand the design of controls and review their implementation. This candidate will work with the client’s team/partners and control owners to review the design and operating effectiveness of cyber security controls.
- Document the test of controls design effectiveness and operating effectiveness in appropriate workpapers
- Assist team lead in planning engagements, executing engagements and reporting on the status of the identified gaps/issues
- Ensure that the testing lifecycle is implemented in a timely and consistent manner
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Provides advice and guidance on control effectiveness, program compliance and issue descriptions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes testing and fieldwork that is complex in nature that requires subject matter expertise.
- Executes identified test programs for a variety of specializations to support effective testing & monitoring of controls within business groups and across the Bank
Desired Skill Set:
- 2-3 years of experience in Information Security management processes and methodology
- 2-3 years of solid exposure to Cyber Security
- 2-3 years of experience in Control Testing Execution
- In-depth knowledge of Information Security principles, Data Protection and IT system security configuration
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Executes testing to provide insights and recommendations on test results, findings, identified issues, re-performance testing, and continuous improvement insights. Executes testing, monitoring and operational activities of various complexity based on assigned portfolio ensuring adherence to established service levels and standards.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.