Data Analyst – Big Data
Are you a leader and learner? Would you like to see the impact of your work? Do you see yourself in a collaborative, challenging and result-oriented environment? Are you a people person? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Data Analyst – Big Data who will coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database and will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Review and approve the testing of programs or databases.
- Review existing databases and database management systems and direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Migrate code from SAS to Python
- Writing Code, migrating Code.
- Work with source control tool.
- Maintaining and developing data tables and processes as well (near end of contract)
- Data integration experience
Desired Skill Set:
- 7 years of experience with SQL programming and scripting
- 7 years of ETL experience
- Data analysis And data integration experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with big data skills such as HADOOP
- Experience with Python and Pyspark
- Agile experience
- SAS experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.