Data Architect- Azure/Kafka
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Data Architect- Azure/Kafka who will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Develop detailed design specifications, create and review code and assess the impact on other applications.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities.
- Leading technical aspects of the project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions.
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues.
- Active participation in issue resolution.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development efforts as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub-projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment, and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance, and production environments.
- Participate in the development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
- Provide technical support to business and testing teams during testing phases.
- Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Data set up and environment shakedown.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience as a Solutions architect, data architect, integration architect, or application architect
- 5 years of extensive knowledge of data platform architectures
- 5 years of extensive knowledge of Azure data services such as Data Factory, Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure SQL
- 5 years of experience with Kafka
- 5 years of experience on Azure, including hands-on and detailed architecture-level engagements.
- 5 years of experience in n-Tier architectures, frameworks, etc.
- 5 years of strong working knowledge of designing and defining the various integration patterns for APIs and Realtime Events
Nice To Have:
- Experience in Agile/Scaled Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in the banking/financial industry
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.