Data Scientist – Junior
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Data Scientist – Junior who will be responsible for conducting all analytical activities related to AML transaction monitoring systems. This candidate must use statistical and data mining techniques to build and maintain effective and efficient transaction monitoring, customer behaviour, and risk scoring machine-learning models. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in developing ML models and automated solutions.
- Provide maintenance of transaction monitoring scenarios, and analytical queries in support of the bank's strategic efforts to mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risk
- Conduct activities related to AML/ATF scenario performance review and tuning
- Help maintain a structured documentation process to demonstrate an effective scenario review program to satisfy audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- With assistance from management, assist with a scenario related issues/questions from Global AML members, audit, and other partners
- Provide solutions where there is a need for advanced quantitative, statistical, and analytical skills
- Undertake ad hoc data mining research projects to find hidden patterns and potential anomalies within data
- Partner with GAML teams to implement changes to existing solutions and/or the implementation of alternative solutions
- Communicate results to various stakeholders and ensure they fully understand the implications of relevant measures
Desired Skill Set:
- 2 years of experience in data modeling or machine learning
- 2 years of experience in query optimization, debugging and automation
- Expert knowledge of SAS, SQL, R & Python
- Ability to apply statistical techniques and data mining tools to solve business problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with individuals from various backgrounds
- Excellent multi-tasking skills; ability to adapt to and manage to change priorities
Nice to have:
- Strong background in AML and/or Compliance
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.