Derivative Risk Analyst – VBA/Python
Are you a highly motivated and skilled analyst with a strong track record in Fraud and Risk Management? Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for a Derivative Risk Analyst – VBA/ Python who will be responsible for the effective and efficient mitigation of counterparty credit risk. The candidate will need to demonstrate innovation and a proactive approach to risk mitigation by highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, they will be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients. The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit, middle office, legal, front office, settlements, and corporate treasury. As a result, the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Responsible for investigation, escalation, and resolution of valuation discrepancies to ensure that the company is accurately collateralized.
- Participate and add value to projects impacting the Collateral Management Department.
- Cross-train to develop a broad level of understanding across the varied functions within CRC.
- Contribute ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
- Participate in industry working groups and be informed about regulatory changes and industry-related initiatives.
- Seek opportunities to increase operational efficiency and lower operational risk through process reengineering.
- Keep management informed of market activities and potential risks to the company with clear and concise recommendations on risk mitigation.
- Prepare dashboards and proactively meet with senior management to review.
- Perform a number of control functions and adhere to the CMRM Standards to ensure the integrity of processes.
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the BA.
- Process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Develop, design or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems or products.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems or process-related topics.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or another quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of derivatives and markets
Nice to Have:
- CFA and/or FRM Certification.
- Capital market experience or relevant collateral management experience
- Experience working with VBA coding.
- Experience working with Python coding.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.