Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a DevOps Engineer who will build and set up new development tools and infrastructure.The ideal candidate will understand the needs of stakeholders and conveying them to developers and work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.The individual will ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats while identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.The successful candidate will work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.The candidate will plan out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Experience of working with Jenkins and CI/CD models
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Broad knowledge of IT Systems engineering.
- Experience with system capacity and planning, as well as functional configuration and audit.
- Experience with system planning and capacity tools and analyses.
- Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service.
- Ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Nice to Have:
- 8-10 years of experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- 3 or more years of experience managing a team of individual
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Collaborative team spirit
- Problem-solving attitude
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.