DevOps Engineer- Ansible
Are you a leader and learner? Would you like to see the impact of your work? Do you see yourself in a collaborative, challenging and result-oriented environment? Are you a people person? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top clients this role calls for a DevOps Engineer- Ansible. The ideal candidate will exhibit technical leadership to identify, design, drive, and implement transformational technologies to support the current and future needs of Edward Jones. The successful candidate should have a background in supporting and deploying critical IT infrastructure and leveraging major vendors' technologies to perform the planning and execution of platform currency, compute capacity, projects, and research efforts. This position is open to US Citizens or requires Visa as GC.
- Identify, procure, and integrate best-of-breed tools to provide Infrastructure as Code and Infrastructure as a Service
- Lead the development and execution of automation across platforms and teams to improve the agility and availability of the computing platform and eliminate process waste
- Orchestrate automation using platforms such as Service Now
- Integrate metrics and use telemetry to show ROI
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Research automation products, services, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry
Desired Skill Set:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or relevant experience
- 7 or more years experience in Server, Storage, or other Infrastructure System Administration, with knowledge of both Linux and Windows OS
- Expertise with large and complex Infrastructure Automation initiatives using Ansible, PowerShell, and other common scripting/programming languages (Python, YAML, Bash, PowerCLI)
- Expertise in Service Now administration and ITOM
- Understanding of VMware ESXi, NSX, vCenter, and vRealize Suite
- Understanding of Hardware, Operating Systems, Security, Storage, and Network Technologies
- Ability to develop complex technical requirements and system designs with an understanding of business and technical implications
- Formal training/Certification in Agile/DevOps practices (SAFe 5 Agile) and a general understanding of Application Development processes
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership and an innovation mindset
- Excellent communication skills with business partners, vendors, technology peers, and across multiple levels of leadership
- Motivated Self Starter with the ability to work with limited guidance
- Continuous learner with the desire to develop and apply new skills
- Foundational experience with Cloud Computing/Cloud Server Administration/IaaS (Azure & AWS)
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.