Environment & Release Manager
Why Work for this Company?
- Respectful environment with hybrid working model
- Incredible growth opportunity at the enterprise level
- Top-notch leadership fostering employee development
Why Work for this Team?
- Predominantly new projects with the chance to innovate
- Technology agnostic – you can choose the tools that make sense
- Fast delivery journey meaning you see the results of your work
This is a unique role to join at Tier-1 bank in Canada in a position that works horizontally across three key portfolios managing the roadmap of releases and ensuring that critical systems are maintained properly in production. There will be multiple SDLC teams working on new applications, enhancing existing functionality and new work being planned – this team is the central hub of what can go live & when. In short, if its going into production for the bank’s new digital initiative, it will pass through this team!
The successful candidate will have breadth in various IT roles across development, technical analysis, solutioning, QA and amazing organizational skills. An overall understanding of the SDLC/PMLC and how QA/Release Management plays a critical role in project success will also be needed. For anyone who has wanted to move from technical positions to a Project Management career-track – then this is the next career step for you.
- Requirements Analysis & Environment Management
- Ensure QA matrices with other teams have been completed
- Planning releases
- Execution of release to production
- A minimum of 7 years of experience within various IT Roles whether that is development, technical analysis or QA.
- 5+ years of experience managing & supporting various critical environments – ideally in cloud!
- 4+ years of experience reviewing technical analysis, QA and traceability matrices prior to release
- Knowledge of Java/J2EE, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages with the ability to read & understand code.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and similar tools would be extremely beneficial.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, and specifically market & credit risk would be appreciated, but is not required.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.