Financial Analyst – Capital Market
Are you looking for stellar opportunities to develop and succeed? Are you ready to make a mark in an international Financial Corporation? Here’s an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Financial Analyst – Capital Market who will be responsible for providing accurate and timely capital reporting per the OSFI capital guidelines; and presenting capital results and value-added information enabling senior business leaders to make informed and critical business decisions on capital. This includes interpretation of key capital drivers, variance analysis, and making appropriate recommendations where required. The candidate will address ad-hoc requests relating to capital and leverage requirements, independently gather business requirements, reengineer business processes where necessary, and maintain process documents. The candidate will provide meaningful reporting/analysis to influence business behavior, strategic decision-making, and optimal balance sheet usage. The candidate will be required to demonstrate governance, control, and risk management behaviors in alignment with company policies and practices. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills and is detail-oriented. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple deadlines/priorities, and demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new financial models, capital treatment, methodologies, frameworks, and paradigms to support ongoing business unit reporting and analysis functions
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the Business on capital-related matters.
- Conduct monthly reporting of capital results for derivatives positions.
- As the subject matter expert for derivatives capital reporting, support the implementation of the Basel III Reforms Project.
- Analyze the new CVA RWA framework and support its implementation for capital reporting purposes.
- Prepare analysis of current processes, identify gaps and reengineer processes to improve business operations.
- Analyze and prepare presentations to management on findings.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of various technological tools and process documents.
- Partner with various business line and front-office contacts and develop and maintain solid and effective working relationships with various parties.
- Compile reports and provide analysis to satisfy ad hoc requests from senior management, front office, and other users.
- Work with current process owners to identify control gaps, processes, and inefficiencies.
- Manage projects through concise and effective communication avenues.
- Assist in leading the team by leveraging knowledge and sharing experience with the team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment that encourages development, productivity, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Share knowledge and ensure ongoing and timely communication with the team and management on the status of projects and relevant points of interest.
- Adhere to established guidelines of conduct.
- Analyze data sets in excel and provide answers.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management or Finance.
- Experience working with regulatory reporting.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and large data sets.
- Experience implementing projects.
- Experience working in Capital Markets.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
Nice to Have:
- CFA, CPA, or FRM designation.
- Experience working with capital reporting.
- Experience working with SQL and Alteryx.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.