Financial Analyst- Capital Market/ Python
Are you collaborative, resourceful and highly organized? Do you enjoy developing relationships with influential stakeholders? If yes, this could be your next opportunity!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Financial Analyst- Capital Market/ Python who will act as a business product control function and the financial guardian of the client’s sales and trading activities. This candidate must contribute to a specialized team supporting and acting as an independent control function for the Global Equity Derivatives business of the client. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of valuation control and pricing
- Ensure the overall Product Control function conducts independent validation of the value of the trading portfolios/books
- Ensure strong financial controls and efficient and automated processes around valuations, IPV and reserves
- Provision reliable and meaningful financial information to business managers, external stakeholders, and other relevant internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the trading desk, trade support, syndicate accounting, technology, financial control, and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Effectively challenge, propose, and champion projects to improve efficiencies, to provide more effective business support through end-to-end controls and continued process enhancement and efficiency.
- Proactively partner with and support the business to develop business, financial, operational, and/or strategy for the organization and ensure alignment between business and enterprise financial goals/thresholds
- Work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate and integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment and build in appropriate controls to ensure the integrity of financial records
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience as a Finance Analyst
- Accounting designation
- Basic understanding of pricing and valuation of different products including equity options
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Experience with Python
- Experience with VBA Coding
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Finance background with coding skills
Nice To Have:
- Exposure to Capital markets and risk management
- Previous banking experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.