Financial Analyst- Capital Market/Wholesale Banking
Are you a self-learner with strong accounting and analysis skills? Do you have a solid ??understanding of technological systems and data workflow? Are you a motivated, flexible, team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities, and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Financial Analyst- Capital Market/Wholesale Banking who has a great understanding of wholesale banking products including derivative instruments and a good grasp of quantitative data analysis. This candidate must be an independent thinker with strong critical-thinking skills and the ability to solve complex issues with a willingness to take initiatives for continuous learning and development. The ideal candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Excel and Access with experience in analyzing large data sets using SQL/Access along with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Collaborate with other LoBs, technology partners, the business, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure OSFI regulatory rules are well understood/interpreted and calculation assumptions accurately capture business rationale.
- Lead the development and implementation of new financial models, capital treatment, methodologies, frameworks, and paradigms to support ongoing business unit reporting and analysis functions. Provide meaningful reporting/analysis to influence business behavior, strategic decision-making, and optimal balance sheet usage.
- As the subject matter expert, provide guidance and recommendations to the Business on capital-related matters.
- Support the execution and onboarding of new products in the capital calculation process to ensure compliance with all existing rules and integration into the capital calculation processes.
- Provide accurate and thorough capital impact analysis on new capital initiatives; interpret findings, identify issues and propose possible solutions.
- Support testing and updates to the Basel Reporting Services (OneSumX – the calculation engine for capital reporting) and upstream data pipeline.
- Support a successful transition of the capital reporting operational processes to the Financial Operations Centre and provide ongoing support to update these processes, as well as provide training and oversight on these specific processes.
- Work closely and manage relationships with different stakeholders from several groups i.e. Treasury and Balance Sheet Management, Finance Shared Services, Technology, Accounting, Front Office, Audit, etc.
- Participate in managing the performance of peers.
- Ensure communication of clear objectives with peers and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, direction, advice, and guidance to the team, thus maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation, and morale.
- Initiate actions to further improve your own and the overall team’s skills and performance. Continuously look for opportunities for professional development.
- Establish an inclusive environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
- Very good understanding of wholesale banking products
- Experience in capital markets
- Familiar with products
- Experience in regulatory reporting
- Very good communication skills
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing projects in wholesale banking
- Strong in Excel and access (experience with large data sets)
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in capital reporting or stress testing
- Experience with SQL and Alteryx
- CFA, CPA, or FRM designation
- Experience coordinating a team
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.