Full Stack Developer – Java, Scala, Big Data
Can your influence make an impact? Do you believe that relationships and networks are essential to success? Do you inspire outcomes by making yourself heard? Can you bring your real self to work and live company values – trust, teamwork, and accountability? Then, here is an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Full Stack Developer – Java, Scala, Big Data who has experience building scalable enterprise applications using Java, Scala, SQL, and Big Data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Casandra). The successful candidate will analyze design and development across multiple client servers or web-based platforms. The individual will join the team in the delivery and development of this project and eventually contribute to future enhancement, support, and maintenance post-delivery. The ideal candidate will work closely with business units to review business requirements and feasibility from the technical perspective and to finalize requirements.
- Develop and maintain database scripts
- Develop applications in Scala, Java, Angular, and Casandra
- Perform code review written by junior/intermediate developers on the team
- Perform unit testing
- Work with other team members to cooperatively design, develop and deploy quality solutions in order to satisfy project objectives and client requirements
- Write, test and debug code
- Participate in code reviews
- Comply with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Take part in the construction of the requirements, design, testing, and deployment documents
- Ensure consistency in coding standards
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of the contract term
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Big Data (HDFS, Spark, Casandra)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Capital Markets or Financial institution
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.