Can your influence make an impact? Do you believe that relationships and networks are essential to success? Do you inspire outcomes by making yourself heard? Can you bring your real self to work and live company values – trust, teamwork, and accountability? Then, here is an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for an Incident/Problem Specialist who will works within the Service Delivery team to support IT services delivered to users within an organization, enabling the required business processes needed for the business to be successful. The ideal candidate will deal with people both on a business level and IT level of understanding; they act as the technical point of contact to fix application and systems issues, or incidents as they are known, that disrupt the service they depend upon. The successful candidate needs to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, an acute understanding that other people within the business depend on us, and the realization on how to respond to that dependency via acknowledgment, updates and resolution are the primary roles of the position.
- Active MIRT Participation and leading for Channels incidents
- Project oversight and ensure operational readiness is in place
- Management of all incidents impacting their CIO service
- Ensure Problem Management occurs for their owned issues
- Provide ITOPs SDM with RCA summaries
- Identify service improvement opportunities within their organization
- Develop and communicate trending and analysis of service metrics reporting against set targets
- Create and Communicate (verbal & written) of – Executive Problem Summaries for their CIO, CIO Service Reporting, Incident/change updates, etc.
- Represent platform and provides input to local CABs & Participate in Enterprise CABs
- Maintain an overall understanding of all changes impacting their portfolio, including vendor, and external implementations outside of their portfolio
- Partner with our development partners and collaborates with other organizations (e.g.,, Networks, and Information Security) to recommend a server solution to the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
- Network with vendors and peers in external IT organizations, through user groups, in order to remain current with emerging technologies to satisfy the Enterprise’s needs
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Desired Skilled Set:
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g. filesystems, inodes, system calls, etc) or networking (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN, etc).
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Passion for system automation, dashboards, etc.
- Familiar with implementing processes at an organizational level using Enterprise IT methodologies (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, etc.)
- Possess solid relationship management, communication, and coaching skills
- Possess advanced technical skills and is able to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Possess advanced relationship management, communication, and coaching skills
- Possess solid leadership skills
- Possess solid facilitation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrate solid people management and negotiation skills
- Display advanced decision making and analytical skills
- Possess acceptance of ownership
- Demonstrate patience and understanding
- Possess extensive Investigation & diagnostic skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. Physics or Mathematics)
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.