Internal Auditor – SOX
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an Internal Auditor – SOX who will carry out a comprehensive testing of the design and operational effectiveness of SOX/Internal controls over Financial Reporting. This candidate will be involved in the testing of internal controls over Financial Reporting, managing stakeholders, requesting Audit evidence and leading work throughs and documenting proper documentation of control testing.
- Conduct audit work based on established audit plans and execute the audit in accordance with established standards ensuring the completion
- Develop/contribute to the audit planning process for specific audits, ensuring appropriate programs and risk assessments are completed accordingly
- Manage the ongoing audit communications process with the client during and subsequent to the audit
- Present objective and independent audit opinion on the adequacy of internal controls in accordance with established professional audit standards, including presentation of findings and recommendations to client and audit management
- Execute follow-up of findings raised from regulatory and internal divisional audits in accordance with firm policy
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or input to audit projects/initiatives as a representative for the area of specialization
- Lead/support the audit engagement and risk assessment process to identify key risks and identify opportunities where controls are missing or are inadequate to mitigate these risks
Desired Skill Set:
- 3 years of experience in SOX controls testing, preferably from the Big Banks or Big 4 Audit firms.
- Strong English communication skills, interpersonal skills for interacting with stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft – Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, functions)
- Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or business-related equivalent.
Nice To Have:
- Solid automation skills with expertise in Alteryx and Python
- Experience auditing within financial institutions
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.