IT PM – Infrastructure
Do you have strong leadership qualities and relationship management skills with proven experience managing projects? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an IT PM – Infrastructure who will be responsible for developing integrated baseline project plans to apply estimating models, identifying resources and skills required, documenting estimating assumptions, refining plans and managing performance against them. This candidate will be supporting maintenance activities at the client’s core data center facilities in Canada. This will require weekend work including Saturday mornings or evenings a couple of times a month with the requirement to be on-site in Scarborough and Barrie. The ideal candidate would have previous experience with real estate builds, renovations, remodels, etc supporting the IT side of the work.
- Recommend best solutions based on an understanding of business issues
- Provide task-based schedules and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on the budget, time and risk
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and track them
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to the immediate manager where required
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction surveys and closure analysis. Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects
Desired Skill Set:
- 5-7 years of proven experience in managing projects
- Exposure to real estate builds, renovations, remodels, etc supporting the IT side of the work.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals
Understand the scope/impact/risks to IT equipment & services when electrical work is done.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
- Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio
- Knowledge, and curiosity, to manage a diverse group of IT and electrical staff and managers
- Ability and knowledge to provide input to the processes used by the electricians
- Ability to manage facilities (mainly electrical) projects in addition to IT projects
- Basic understanding of the h/w side of servers and other IT equipment in data centers
- Basic understanding of electrical – understand how the electrical infrastructure in data centers and critical facilities work in conjunction with the IT devices in the data center. Redundancy, amps/volts, 3-phase circuits, UPS, etc.
Nice To Have:
- PMP certification
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.