Why Work for this Company?
- Respectful environment with hybrid working model
- Tier-1 bank with international presence
- Direct interaction with Business Stakeholders
Why Work for this Team?
- Highly visible Team / Program to Retail Banking Executives
- Amazing Leadership at the top of the Development Streams
- Gain senior level exposure across retail stakeholders
This is not your typical Java Development contract – this is niche team working on a critical Java Application sitting atop a key operational DB2 database with millions of requests per day! The Java Developer will be getting requirements from the BSA Team with accurate data mapping & process flow, which will require custom java work to bring requests to the DB and return a response. This developer will be working on a mix of monolith applications as well as SOA/Microservices and will need strong OOP & solution analysis skills. Often the developer will be digging into the database to also ensure returned values are accurate and work with cross functional leaders to support testing. Projects are centered around the retail bank’s key operational database used by over 85% of the business for customer information – any time new functionality is needed for customer info, this team gets involved!
As this role involves close collaboration across teams on business needs and engaging with other technical teams, we are asking that this contractor be located in the GTA and comfortable coming on-site 2 days per week.
- 40% hands-on Java / OO Coding
- 30% SQL/ Data
- 10% Assist with unit testing
- 10% Meeting with BSA teams for analysis
- A minimum of 5 years of Java Development experience.
- 5+ Years with Java working in Eclipse or similar IDE
- 5+ Years of experience with SQL and the ability to query, generate views/tables and retrieve accurate data.
- 5+ Years of experience with DB2
- 2+ years of experience working in banking, insurance or investments
- Strong problem analysis & ability to create unique data solutions
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.