Java Developer- Python/ ElasticSearch
Are you passionate about developing state-of-the-art technologies? Are you looking for an ambitious opportunity to test and grow your skills? Here is an opportunity…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Java Developer- Python/ ElasticSearch who will be responsible for developing and hosting web-enabled and database-driven applications in Java. This candidate must apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver solutions. The successful candidate will be accountable for developing detailed design specifications, creating and reviewing code and assessing the impact on other applications. The ideal candidate has solid experience in development with previous experience working in banking industry.
- Responsible for leading technical aspects of the project from inception through to deployment.
- Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions.
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
- Provide detailed development estimates to the Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub-projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Participate in the development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
- Provide technical support to the business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Data set up and environment shakedown.
- Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
- Knowledge transfer within the group.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of the contract term.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with SQL
- 3 years of expertise in Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana stack
- 2 years of experience with collaboration tools such as Jupyter (IPython) Notebook and Bitbucket
- Degree in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- 3 years of working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- 3 years of experience with Python
- Experience with Diamond
- Clear leadership and enterprise experience
- Previous experience working in the banking industry
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.