Java/Scala Developer- Hadoop
Are you passionate about developing state-of-the-art technologies? Are you looking for an ambitious opportunity to test and grow your skills? Here is an opportunity…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Java/Scala Developer- Hadoop who will be responsible for developing and deploying applications in Java. This candidate must apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver solutions. The successful candidate will design and develop quality solutions for systems issues consistent with project objectives and develop, implement and maintain solutions that maximize system availability.
- Work with other team members to cooperatively design, develop and deploy quality solutions to satisfy project objectives and client requirements. Writes, tests and debugs code. Participates in code reviews.
- Comply with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Take part in the construction of the requirements, design, testing and deployment documents.
- Ensure consistency in coding standards.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of the contract term.
Desired skill set:
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and deploying apps to prod in Java 8+
- 5 years of expertise with DevOps Tools including Jenkins and Maven
- 5 years of experience with Advanced SQL
- 5 years of familiarity with GIT
- 5 years of working knowledge of the Spring framework
- 5 years of expertise with UNIX and Linux
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Nice to have:
- Experience in Data engineering with Spark and Scala
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Beeline and IntelliJ
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.