Jr. Business Analyst – Mainframe/SAS
Do you have the ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment? If yes, this could be your next opportunity!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Jr. Business Analyst – Mainframe/SAS who will be responsible for providing support and producing detailed system requirements and technical/functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks. This candidate will work in close partnership with business partners/technology/project teams and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications. The successful candidate must maintain ongoing communication with all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions options/recommendations by working closely with key technology partners (e.g. Solution Architects and QE Teams)
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications and non-functional specifications
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risk identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements, Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess the impact on existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
- May provide operational / process related analysis and support to various extents
- Ensure best practices related to the BSA discipline are adhered to and enforced within project processes and deliverables
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards, and business technology architecture, escalating escalate issues as required
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in client’s services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
- Continuously enhance knowledge of business domains and their products/services
- Able to perform BSA tasks effectively while assigned to a single project or multiple concurrent projects.
Desired Skill Set:
- 3 years of experience in an IT BSA role
- Experience in SAS
- Knowledge of Mainframe technology
- Knowledge of UNIX
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies
- Experience working in the Financial domain
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.