Jr. Business Analyst – OTC Confirmation
Are you driven by collective success? Do you believe collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one? Do you understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Jr. Business Analyst – OTC Confirmation who will be responsible for assisting and implementing the Global strategy for Operations which enables the business to meet its short and long-term objectives. The candidate must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team in a dynamic, global, time-sensitive environment. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytic skills and must be detail-oriented.
- Understand the operating environment, business processes and procedures, and transaction lifecycle.
- Research and investigate a range of operations/reporting/process issues to better service the Global clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal Global partners to deliver optimal customer service.
- Identify, document, and investigate processes/exceptions arising from transactions/processes.
- Resolve escalated matters and refer complex issues/situations beyond own level of expertise.
- Adhere to operating standards and processes – check and validate the work of team members to ensure no risk.
- Recommend and implement solutions that are Globally efficient and effective.
- Monitor service, productivity, and efficiency levels; assess and propose process improvement opportunities.
- Escalate issues on a risk basis.
- Ensure team operates in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements.
- Accountable for cross-functional/interdepartmental initiatives to deliver value add change.
- Represent the team as a subject matter expert on Equity Derivative OTC Products, projects/initiatives, and meetings across the organization.
- Provide training/guidance to others on best practices, processes – coordinate the sharing of information, skills, partner relationships, and knowledge among the team.
- Promote a fair and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce and encourages the team to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Guide team on the completion of business-as-usual functions and/or ad-hoc non-routine tasks/initiatives.
- Ensure the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourage a good working relationship with other departments.
- Take charge of leading initiatives, events, and team-building opportunities to increase communication and collaboration within the team.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related field.
- 3 years of business analysis experience.
- OTC Confirmation experience.
- Experience working with JIRA.
- Experience testing with changes actioned in JIRA.
- Experience working with Equity derivatives.
- Experience working with Interest rate changes
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with MS Excel.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.