Jr. Treasury Analyst
Are you collaborative, resourceful and highly organized? Do you enjoy developing relationships with influential stakeholders? If yes, this could be your next opportunity!
Working with one of the top clients this role calls for a Jr. Treasury Analyst who will be responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements closing journals and reconciliations while ensuring compliance with accounting principles and corporate governance. The successful candidate will support the execution of Treasury priorities and Treasury accounting functions including preparation and analysis of bank statements and fees, general ledger accounts and reconciliation reports, initiating and leading process improvement and ad-hoc projects and ensuring company policies, procedures and internal controls are adhered to.
- Preparing bank account reconciliations in a timely manner, investigating and resolving issues relating to financial data quality, unusual transactions, and outstanding items. Follow-up with other Finance groups to resolve issues.
- Provide support to the team in the analysis of all bank-related expenses and cash accounts from reporting perspective, prior to month-end close.
- Reviews accounting package from Client Financial Services which includes daily deposits; validates G/L coding of accounts; and confirms reconciliation calculation.
- Prepares daily cash reports and various analyses.
- Proposes improvement initiatives for bank-related transactions and reconciliations, including but not limited to automating bank interfaces for recording activity, automating reconciliation procedures and minimizing reconciling items.
- Matches and verifies cleared cheques to bank reports and reconciliations. Investigates and reports discrepancies to the Senior Manager, Treasury.
- Liaise with the internal and external auditor and responds to requests for information and reports.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and analysis as well as support in ad-hoc projects, when requested.
- Possess a Continuous Improvement Mindset: Identifies areas for improvement, suggests, and/or helps drive, efficiencies and elimination of waste in current processes.
- Maintains appropriate security and retention of Treasury documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
Desired Skill Set:
- 1-2 years of experience in cash management or accounting
- Completion or working toward an accounting designation
- Post-secondary education in Finance/Accounting or a related program
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP and/or US GAAP and audit standards
- Experience with the preparation of journal entries in financial systems (CODA, SAP, Oracle)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and Excel(VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Process Improvement Mindset with the ability to identify and eliminate waste through process improvements
- Quick to learn new systems, processes, and worksheets/financial models
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.