Junior Accounting Clerk
Are you a self-learner with strong accounting and analysis skills? Are you a motivated, flexible, team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top clients this role calls for a Junior Accounting Clerk who will be responsible for performing various accounting assignments in support of the Accounting organization that are limited in scope and complexity. This candidate will manage work assigned to meet deadlines in support of accounting functions related to financial and regulatory reporting, budgeting, property accounting, etc. The successful candidate must accumulate data and support others in the decision-making process.
- Reviews work output with a supervisor as needed.
- Implements decisions, as assigned, in a timely and efficient manner
- Performs functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Executes specific control procedures and/or supports SOX control compliance activities of others.
- Applies independent thought to recognize errors in data and/or misapplication of predetermined accounting policies or procedures.
- Able to investigate and resolve routine issues within areas of responsibility.
- Will consult with supervisor on how to resolve new or more complex issues.
- Assists with other miscellaneous special accounting tasks and system-related activities as assigned.
- Depending on which functional group the individual is a part of and the specific requirements within that group, may perform various administrative tasks, including updating, proofing, publishing and distributing documents; submitting regulatory filings; maintaining or updating departmental files and records; assisting with meeting or travel arrangements; etc.
- Analyzes ambiguous and rapidly changing data, people and things; identifies key issues and draws logical conclusions.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build constructive relationships with customers, business units, service organizations and other stakeholders to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration while participating in a group or team.
- Makes effective decisions and achieves desired results in the midst of changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture or work environment.
- Actively supports and promotes corporate and/or business unit changes.
- Focuses on a goal and harnesses own and others’ energy to drive toward goal alignment; meets or exceeds expectations.
Desired skill set:
- 1 + years of basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of the use of computer systems and computer applications.
- General Administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Budgeting and Compliance Regulations
Nice to have:
- High School Diploma, HSED or GED Associate Degree in Accounting, Business or other related fields
- Experience with Filings, Publishing and Regulatory Reporting
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.