Junior Data Analyst- SAS/SQL
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, then here's an opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Junior Data Analyst – SAS/SQL who will be responsible for supporting the sales team, running a daily report for the sales team, and working on developing new visualization for sales of the teams. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication and problem-solving skills, is detail-oriented, and is a team player.
- Perform scheduled and ad-hoc analysis, translate data into information and answer business questions.
- Work with business teams to gather the demand for analytics and work with IT partners and data management/governance teams to obtain the data required to support business needs.
- Act as a bridge to translate business requirements to analytics and reporting needs.
- Provide business explanations for anomalies/outliers identified during analysis.
- Communicate generated insights to stakeholders in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Develop visualizations to bridge the gap between analytics outputs and business insights.
- Use Tableau Desktop software to create and maintain dashboards that present data both numerically and in graphic form as interactive charts, heat maps, geographic area maps, and other visualizations.
- Create highly customized data extracts by leveraging systems maintained by Technology teams or from external data sources.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data structures in use by the group. Effectively apply segmentation techniques and summarize data in a way meaningful to decision-makers.
- Assist staff in various stages of the machine learning lifecycle, particularly in feature engineering.
- Participate in projects as a contributor.
- Participate in data analysis and modeling support for company projects.
- State results of the analysis in a concise manner, both verbally and in writing, and be comfortable working as part of the team.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate in a quantitative field.
- Experience working with programming.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience working with SAS, PC SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Python, and PySpark.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Visualization software development, Tableau Desktop preferred.
- Experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database concepts.
- Experience working with Machine Learning, Hadoop analytics tools, and Azure.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.