Junior Market Risk Analyst
If you are a self-confident, self-motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills and you enjoy a fast-paced team-driven environment, contact us today!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Junior Market Risk Analyst who will analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization. The ideal candidate has a solid working knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data.
- Interprets the organization’s assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
- Analyze the organization’s financial status and develops financial plans based on the analysis of data.
- Recommend, develop, and implement risk management programs to reduce losses and insurance costs.
- Researches accidents or losses involving company personnel or products.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes
Desired Skill Set:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of financial instruments including fixed income and derivatives.
- Experience in Market risk metrics regulations and market risk metrics, gained through academic study, or practical experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the Organization
- Proficient with MS applications
- Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, v-lookup and common functions
- Passion in capital markets and financial securities
- Bachelor’s degree in math or related financial discipline
Nice To Have:
- An advanced degree in a mathematical or financial discipline
- 1+ years of experience with Market Risk measurement
- CFA or FRM Designation
- Knowledge of VBA and Python
- Good understanding of risk management, governance and controls practices.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.