Law Enforcement Security Manager
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Law Enforcement Security Manager who will be responsible for implementing plans, programs, procedures, and other support functions for GSI’s Physical Security. This candidate must develop and maintain effective liaison relationships, as appropriate for job functions, at field levels, with national/federal, regional/provincial/state and local/municipal law enforcement, intelligence and security agencies in all countries where the client operates.
- Operate independently, but also as a team member of skilled physical security professionals
- Visit clients’ locations through a schedule of pro-active outreach to enhance understanding and establish a commitment to client’s physical security program
- Support Physical Security staff by implementing and following procedures and programs
- Submit detailed reports and logs to supervisors and other GSI management personnel, Security website, incident and document databases, etc.
- Provide input to Planning & Support personnel to help develop metrics and reporting.
- Provide data for use in threat and risk assessments and physical security surveys
- Observe and report on the performance of all contractors for security services and facility security systems
- As assigned by GSI management, support, and assist in implementing security and emergency plans for Special events, such as the Annual General Meeting, Investor Relations Day, Leaders Conference, etc
- Branch relocations, reconfigurations, construction or renovation
- Facility emergencies such as fire/emergency evacuation, suspicious packages and bomb threats, violence in the workplace, demonstrations and occupations, personnel injury and natural disasters.
- As assigned, assist other GSI personnel by providing input into security consulting for Site layout of branch space, security system and hardware design for newly planned, constructed or renovated facilities
- Security guard service and security system specification, contract development and vendor selection
- Facility security procedures
- Security support to HR for employee terminations, harassment or other employment situations where a risk of workplace violence may exist.
- Serve as assigned within GSI’s Incident Management processes.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a Corporate or government Security department within a large organization
- Good knowledge of Physical Security Principles and knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code
- Analytical ability to gather, assess, and present data from a physical security perspective
- Operational knowledge of provincial Fire and Building Codes
- Good understanding of organizational priorities and relationships
- Solid understanding of physical security systems
- Good understanding of governing plans and documents, procedures, and business administration.
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation, organization, leadership and planning skills.
- Availability and capability to take on duties in crisis and emergency incidents.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of ethics, diversity, equity and harassment in the workplace.
- Able to establish cooperative relationships, facilitating the reinforcement of physical security-related policies, procedures and personal safety tips.
- Understanding of the concept of physical security as a business enabler first and as a control process second.
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, negotiator and consensus builder, and able to prioritize concurrent tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and computer literacy
- Well-polished and confident with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to give sound advice to leaders/executives
Nice To Have:
- Experience working in a leadership role
- Professional designation in security management e.g., ASIS Certified Protection Professional [CPP], CSIS Accredited Security Professional [ASP] or Certified Security Professional [CSP]
- Professional designation in physical security e.g., ASIS Physical Security Professional [PSP]) or investigations (e.g. ASIS Professional Certified Investigator [PCI]) or Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (Levels 1&2)
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.