Lead Java Developer
Why Work for this Company?
- Top-notch culture with a friendly team
- ‘Walks the Walk’ on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Treats contractors and FTE with equal respect
Why Work for this Team?
- Hybrid environment with only 1 day per week on-site
- Fast-paced projects where you see the result of your code
- Early adopter of new technologies in design
We are currently recruiting Lead Java Developer for one of our amazing client projects. This team has multiple ‘scrum pods’ of developers working on Front-End / UI code for a key customer facing application used by people all over North America. The lead will be responsible for a pod of 3-4 other developers and will be taking high level requirements from BSA Teams & Solution Design, breaking down work packages and assigning tasks to the team. This person will still be hands-on with code, tasked with writing some components him/herself. The focus will be on UI elements, capturing Json Objects in XML and creating API’s for consumption by back-end teams.
Overall though, this is a rare opportunity to join an amazing company, team and manager with the option of long-term contracting or converting to FTE. As the team will be working in a highly collaborative environment, we do ask that contractors can come on-site one day per week.
- 50% (or more) hands-on coding
- 20% Technical Analysis and designing lower-level tasks
- 20% Assigning work packages & assisting other developers
- 10% Innovation & Continuous Growth
- A minimum of 8 Years of experience writing Java-based applications at the enterprise level
- 6+ Years of experience encapsulating JSon Objects (XML & XSLT)
- 5+ Years of experience with Spring / Spring Boot
- 5+ Years of demonstrated experience with enterprise-level systems integration patterns such as SOAP/XML, JSON/Restful Services, or others.
- 1+ Years of experience in a lead role assigning work packages is required
- Sound knowledge of underlying development algorithms for applications
- Demonstrated experience using TFS as a code repository with Jenkins/Maven for build automation
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and similar serverless code is an asset
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.