Mainframe Developer – Payments/ Swift
Are you passionate about developing state-of-the-art technologies? Are you looking for an ambitious opportunity to test and grow your skills? Here is an opportunity…
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Mainframe Developer – Payments/ Swift who will be responsible for detailed technical design, development, and maintenance of applications on mainframe platforms Design and code program. The successful candidate must have exposure to payments and mainframe in the Financial space and must be able to review, analyze and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installation.
- Lead technical aspects of the project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions.
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub-projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments.
- May lead code reviews.
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Provide technical support to the business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Data set up and environment shakedown.
- Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience in COBOL
- 5 years of experience in DB2
- 5 years of experience in Mainframe development
- 5 years of experience in IMS DB
- 5 years of experience in JCL
Nice to Have:
- 1 year of Wire payment project experience
- 1 year of IMS DC
- 1 year of SWIFT
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.