Mainframe Developer – SAS
Are you a result-oriented professional? Do you have experience in building and managing web applications? Are you an excellent team player who has a love for learning? Yes? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients this role calls for a Mainframe Developer – SAS who will be responsible for leading the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification. The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented, and able to work independently as well as within a team and with Business and Technology partners at all levels of the organization.
- May also be accountable for complex programming/coding.
- Requires IBM Mainframe applications systems knowledge and business knowledge.
- Support a range of initiatives varying in size, complexity, and scope.
- Act as an application SME through the design and development lifecycle ensuring alignment with Architecture.
- Lead the creation of solution options and ultimately a comprehensive end-to-end solution. Coordinate relevant stakeholders, as required to support development initiatives.
- Provide estimates for new projects and initiatives for the development/design component of the overall plan.
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification and apply functional knowledge of business functions to design optimal software/systems.
- Review technical deliverables throughout the detailed design and development phase to ensure quality adherence and identify gaps or redesign requirements as needed.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities to minimize cost, provide recommendations, and/or deliver corresponding strategic solutions to support cost-effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to quality, standards compliance, reusability, and ease of maintenance.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components and has traceability to business requirements and ensures new modules are designed with reusability as a key requirement.
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents/outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders.
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies, emerging trends/developments, and grow the expertise of the business, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools, and techniques.
- Become a subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the technical environment, business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational and technical issues.
- Support test phases with environment setup, test case preparation, and defect remediation.
- Support deployment phase with implementation planning, verification, and incident resolution.
- Pager and/or on-call support.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 6 years of experience working with IBM mainframe technical environment/tools.
- 6 years experience working IBM Mainframe application design and development.
- Experience working with design and development tools and methodologies.
- Experience deriving system processes, impacts, business rules, from existing mainframe system codebase.
- Experience working with SDLC methodologies.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with MS Office skills.
- Experience working with multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good presentation skills.
- Experience facilitating meetings with technical teams and management.
- Experience working with coding, debugging, researching, analyzing, and problem-solving development and production issues.
- Experience working with web services and APIs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.