Mainframe Developer – SAS
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to work for one of the top Canadian financial institutions? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Mainframe Developer – SAS who will be responsible for mainframe development using Cobol, SAS, and DB2 technologies. This candidate must ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Develop design specifications, create and review code and assess the impact on other applications.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Provide detailed development estimates to the Project Manager for development efforts as well as weekly status reporting.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments.
- May lead code reviews.
- Participate in the development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of solid experience in the SAS
- 5 years of hands-on experience with COBOL
- 5 years of extensive working knowledge of DB2
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.