MEAN Stack Developer
Why Work for this Company?
- Respectful environment with hybrid working model
- Tier-1 bank with international presence
- Direct interaction with Business Stakeholders
Why Work for this Team?
- Highly visible Team / Program to Channels Executives
- Amazing Leadership at the top of the Development Streams
- Gain experience in mobile applications & deployment
This is a newly created role as project work has continued to ramp up and we are looking for two MEAN-Stack Developers for one of our financial clients. This team supports numerous Retail Sales Applications and covers everything from customer-facing applications to internal platforms used by advisors – so the work is never dull and there is always s a diverse set of end-users!
Current projects are centered around a complex Investment Renewal system and digital transformation to ensure applications are Cloud ready. With predominantly new development, the team has decided to move past Java/Openshift and adopt MEAN as everything is mostly going to be mostly Javacript based with Angular for Ajax techniques, Express for modular web applications and Node for app runtime. Though MongoDB experience is appreciated, the focus is will be on the API ‘hand-off’ to back-end DB teams as ‘Json-like’ objects are in heavy use. NGRX is also being heavily used for state-management and will be an important skill needed. Above all, this is a great opportunity to get into a long-term contract role, or have the option of ‘contract-to-hire’ as an option as well.
Candidates will need to be located in the GTA as some time will be on-site with the team and collaborate on design approaches though most work will be done remotely.
- 60% Hands-On Development
- 20% Solution Analysis
- 10% Unit Testing & TDD
- 10% Innovation Time
- A minimum of 5 years of Development experience, preferably within an enterprise level organization on both Windows and Linux platforms
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with MEAN-Stack Technologies
- 2+ Years of experience with AWS/Node
- Writing API’s is a mandatory skill-set
- Strong understanding of MVC and how enterprise applications connect
- Understanding of the importance of Maven, Gradle and other configuration settings
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.