Network Analyst-Cisco/Palo Alto
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Network Analyst-Cisco/Palo Alto who will be responsible for providing senior-level support of the client’s network infrastructure. The successful candidate will responsible for BRP capabilities, incident management and supporting of all components associated with these environments. Areas of support include the LAN, MAN, WAN, RLAN, Wireless, Firewall, Load balancer, and Optical solutions.
- Manage day to day deliverables during the shift, under the overall direction of the NOC Team Lead/Manager
- Ensure that all work deliverables during the shift are efficiently managed with strong delivery and prompt escalations to the Team Lead positions as needed. Engage other teams or escalate to L2/L3 teams as necessary. Smooth takeover of work as well as well documented and smooth handover is part of the accountability
- Provide strong technical troubleshooting while ensuring that NOC processes and procedures are followed properly. This includes ensuring proper use of automation, following proper remediation procedures, high quality ticket and vendor issue updates, handover documentation, etc.
- Collaborate strongly with the Team Lead to manage the queue, work intake as well as delivery. This includes helping solve team issues and escalating issues as needed
- Engage in P3s or incident calls and provide support
- Ensure work being taken over is followed up promptly while providing proper handover to the next shift as well as to the Team Manager (including process issues or improvements, automation opportunities, etc.)
- Support the incident, change and problem management processes
- Manage incident queue and effectively prioritize and triage incidents based on critical devices and shared services
- Manage escalations with internal teams and 3rd party vendors
- Manage chronic, repeat and aging incidents with proper internal/external escalations
- Support shift turnover process effectively
- Create MoPs and how-to docs for better support and training of new and junior team members. Also, peer review such documentation created by other team members and provide suggestions for improvement
- Report on any challenges with internal processes, gaps, or any challenges with vendors and telcos
- Report on any new influx of repeated alerts/incidents to identify opportunities related to alert modification, etc. to reduce noise
- Identify and report on gaps for process optimization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
Desired Skill Set:
- 3 – 5 years of experience with CISCO Switching and Routers
- 3 years of Network Operations experience as opposed to network projects based work
- 3 years of experience with troubleshooting on Network operation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- CCNA or CCNP Certified with 3 -5 years of industry experience
Nice to Have:
- 3 years of experience with Firewall – Palo Alto
- 3 years of experience with Load Balancing – F5 and Wireless – Aruba
- VOIP experience
- ACI experience
- SevOne experience
- Guardicore experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.