Operations Design Manager/Engagement Manager
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Operations Design Manager/Engagement Manager who will be responsible for leading the development of broad solutions and approaches for the project and acting as a trusted experience advisor. This candidate must collaborate with Product, Planning, Business and Delivery partners to strategically manage the overall project pipeline, highlighting and mitigating experience risks, issues and opportunities. The ideal candidate has the ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity is organized and has solid experience in design research.
- Clearly articulate design principles – Discovery, North Star Vision and blueprints; High-Level designs, Wireframes, Visual designs, Research, Accessibility, Design operations and Copy to partners and articulate the value of
- Work with Front End UI development and Design Systems teams to develop, plan and price UI and Design Systems development activities as part of overall project planning/forecasting
- Partner with Technology to align and integrate experience design and development activities into the overall integrated project plan
- Report to Design Operations Senior Management on experience portfolio status, experience risks, issues, financials and escalations
- Consistently manage business expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on business and project partner feedback
- Expand and maintain relationships with key partners
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all experience deliverables and resources
- Ability to manage project scope, and financials while managing partner expectations
- Ability to interact at all levels and with all partners i.e. Project managers, BA, Business Owners, Technology etc.
- Ability to focus on both the project and experience goals simultaneously
- Relationship management of our Vendor resources; quality, and invoicing including ensuring our Design leads are supported with the best talent for the right project
- Excellent understanding of product design and digital development (Interaction/Visual design & Content/ UI Development)
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others by negotiating and building cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles
- Be the focal point for any escalations from partners or technology to mediate disputes to ensure Design strategy and Design principles are adhered to and supported
Desired skill set:
- 5-7+ years of experience in a Change Management role working on projects in the finance industry
- 5 years of experience in Forecasting and estimating resources
- 5 years of proven experience in Project management
- Experience working with Design Teams and supporting Design Projects
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Expert with: Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook, strong PowerPoint
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Post-Secondary Education
Nice to have:
- Experience in Design Research Methodology
- Experience with Clarity Software for forecasting
- Lean or Six Sigma experience or certification
- Experience in Agile and Lean delivery, Scrum and Safe agile experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.